Health Choice Utah is a Medicaid health plan.
What is Medicaid?
Medicaid is a state/federal program that pays for medical services for low-income pregnant women, children, individuals who are elderly or have a disability, parents, and women with breast or cervical cancer.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for Medicaid, you must:
- Meet a program type
- Meet the rules for Utah residency, income, and citizenship.
To see if you are eligible for Medicaid in the state of Utah, call the Department of Workforce Services toll-free at 1-866-435-7414 or use the Patient Eligibility Checker.
How do I apply?
There are two ways to apply:
- Call the Utah Department of Workforce Services toll-free at 1-866-435-7414.
- Online at https://medicaid.utah.gov/apply-medicaid.
Need to renew your Medicaid coverage?
If you want to continue using Medicaid services, you will need to apply for coverage each year. Reapplying for Medicaid coverage is sometimes called “redetermination”.
How do I reapply?
- Online: Visit https://jobs.utah.gov/mycase to apply now.
- By Mail: Utah Department of Health will mail you a renewal application.
- In-Person: Call 2-1-1 or visit Take Care Utah at takecareutah.org to find a trained application assistant near you.
Remember to reapply as soon as you know it is time for renewal. If you do not reapply in time, your health insurance will end.
If you have questions about renewing your Medicaid coverage, you can:
- Call the Department of Workforce Services at 1-866-435-7414.
- Visit medicaid.utah.gov/apply-medicaid to find a DWS Eligibility Office in your area.